- All Debenhams promotions are subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- All Debenhams promotions are applicable on Debenhams full-price items only.
- All Debenhams promotions are not applicable on concession brands, beauty brands and fragrances.
- The concession brands are DUNE, ONLY, SELECTED, JACK & JONES.
- Token is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Token needs to be presented at the time of the transaction.
- Only one Token is redeemable per transaction.
- Token is not redeemable beyond validity period.
- Token is redeemable only in Malta and nowhere else.
- Token is not redeemable online.
- Token cannot be exchanged for Cash.
- Token is only redeemable against Debenhams product.
- Token cannot be redeemed against MAC Cosmetics, all beauty brands and fragrances.
- Token cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- Debenhams Malta reserves the right to cancel any token at any time.
DEBENHAMS GIFT VOUCHERS
- Voucher is redeemable only in Malta and nowhere else.
- Voucher is not redeemable online.
- Voucher is only redeemable when a specific amount, specified on voucher, is spent on purchase.
- Voucher cannot be exchanged for Cash.
- Voucher is only redeemable against Debenhams product.
- Voucher cannot be redeemed against MAC Cosmetics, all beauty brands and fragrances.
- Voucher cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- Voucher is not redeemable beyond validity period.
- Debenhams Malta reserves the right to cancel any voucher at any time.
DEBENHAMS PRIVACY NOTICE
Last updated on Wednesday 3rd October 2018.
The Company – United Department Stores Ltd, franchisers for Debenhams in Malta – is established under the laws of Malta with registered address at G.B. Buildings, Second Floor, Triq il-Watar, Ta’ Xbiex, Malta (“We”/”Us”/”Our”).
We are committed to respecting your privacy. If you wish to contact Us about Our privacy practices please feel free to do so by post at the above registered address or by email at email@example.com You may also wish to contact us by telephone on 2247 2000.
Our Data Protection Officer may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 2247 2000. Kindly address any communication to ‘The Data Protection Officer’.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to your Personal Data.
References to “Data Controller”, “Data Subject”, “Personal Data”, “Process”, “Processed”, “Processing”, “Data Protection Officer” and “Data Processor” in this policy have the meanings set out in, and will be interpreted in accordance with the applicable laws. “Applicable Laws” shall mean the relevant data protection and privacy laws, including but not limited to, the Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, and the Data Protection Act, Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta and subsidiary legislation thereto, as may be amended from time to time.
We may update this Privacy Notice in Our sole discretion including as result of a change in Applicable Law or processing activities. Any such changes will be communicated to you prior to the commencement of the relevant processing activity.
2. What amounts to Personal Data?
The term “Personal Data” refers to all personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, surname and address, and includes all personal information which may be processed and that can be identified with you personally.
3. How do we collect Personal Data?
We are Data Controllers of your Personal Data; generally, you would have provided your Personal Data to Us. However, in some instances, We may collect Personal Data about you from third party sources, such as online searches or from public registers. Third parties such as Our clients and business partners, may also have provided your Personal Data to Us.
We typically collect Personal Data and process it for the following purposes:
• To provide goods and services to you;
• To verify your identity;
• To manage any accounts or loyalty schemes that you have with Us;
• to manage our relationship with you or your company, including for billing and debt collection purposes;
• for internal assessments and analysis (including credit behaviour scoring, market surveys, research market and product analysis);
• for the detection and prevention of fraud and other criminal activity which we are legally bound to report;
• for the development and improvement of our systems, products and services;
• when you or your company refer Data Subjects to Us;
• any Personal Data lawfully generated by Us in the course of executing your instructions; and
• any Personal Data which you may voluntarily provide to Us;
• to enable Us to manage customer service interactions with you;
• for safety and security purpose, including (amongst others) safety of our premises, property and employees (such as calls to our customer care for quality assurance purposes), and the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
• for direct marketing and to contact you about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
• where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute);
• for purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by Us or by a third party, provided such interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms; and
• other purposes you would have requested when providing your Personal Data to Us.
Irrespective of the manner that We have collected your Personal Data, We will only process such data for the purposes indicated above or purposes which are inherently related thereto, including the fulfilment of any legal or regulatory obligation imposed on Us.
4. Legal Bases of Processing Personal Data
The legal bases of processing your Personal Data are the following:
• Entering into and performing the obligations in particular to provide you with goods or services, or any loyalty scheme that you may benefit from. The consequence for not doing such processing would be that we would be unable to provide you with the goods or service requested;
• Our legitimate interests – in particular legitimate interests which may arise directly or indirectly in relation to your instructions and in keeping you updated with information in relation to the Services, including marketing of similar product or services. If you are not a new customer, we may contact you to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
We also have a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data for safety and security, such as the recording of telephone conversations or electronic communications which result or may result in transactions where recording will take place.
When we process your Personal Data on the basis of Our legitimate interests, we ensure that the legitimate interests pursued by Us are not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms;
• Your consent – in which case, Our processing shall be limited to the purposes specifically indicated when your consent was requested. If you are a new customer We shall use your personal data for marketing purposes with your consent. We may update you about our products and services which are of interest and relevance to you. You have the right to opt-out of receiving the promotional communications at any time as provided in this Policy; and
• Compliance with legal obligations imposed on Us – in particular as a result of money-laundering detection or other reporting obligations.
On the basis of Our legitimate interests or compliance with legal obligations, as applicable, We may also process your Personal Data for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal proceedings.
We will ensure that we have additional grounds for processing your Personal Data if processing of Special Categories of Personal Data is envisaged. We might also process your Personal Data on the basis of your explicit consent, in which case we will process your data for the purposes for which your explicit consent was requested.
5. Recipients of Your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with third party recipients who are:
• selected individuals within Our Company, on a need-to-know basis;
• members of our group of companies;
• any service providers that may have access to your Personal Data in rendering Us with their support services, including IT, delivery, marketing and accounting service providers;
• third parties to whom disclosure may be required as a result of the provision of goods and services to you;
• credit reference agencies;
• governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so;
• any business partners to whom you may have requested that we transfer your Personal Data;
• third parties to whom disclosure may be required as a result of legal obligations imposed on Us;
• appointed Administrators and/or Investment Managers respectively, as Our Data Processors for the collection, storage and processing of Personal Data relating to prospective investors, subscribers and shareholders.
We shall only allow such third parties to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
Unless specifically instructed and consented by you, we do not share your Personal Data with any entity located outside of the EU or EEA.
6. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
Your Personal Data will not be used for any decision solely taken on the basis of automated decision-making processes, including profiling, without human intervention.
7. Data Retention
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, for instance, the longest we will hold any personal data related to marketing will be for as long as you provide us with your consent.
Thereafter, your Personal Data shall be immediately and irrevocably destroyed, unless we have a statutory obligation imposed on Us, a business need to retain the Personal Data, and/or require the Personal Data to exercise or defend legal claims.
Any Personal Data which We may hold on the basis of your consent shall be retained exclusively until when you withdraw your consent.
8. Your Rights
For as long as We retain your Personal Data, you have certain rights in relation to your Personal Data including:
• Right of access – you have the right to ascertain the Personal Data We hold about you and to receive a copy of such Personal Data;
• Right to complain – you have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your Personal Data with the supervisory authority for data protection matters. In Malta this is the Information and Data Protection Commissioner (contact details provided below);
• Right to Erasure – in certain circumstances you may request that We delete the Personal Data that we hold about you;
• Right to Object – you have a right to object and request that We cease the processing of your Personal Data where We rely on Our, or a third party’s legitimate interest for processing your Personal Data;
• Right to Portability – you may request that We provide you with certain Personal Data which you have provided to Us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (except where such personal data is provided to us in hand-written format, in which case such personal data will be provided to you, upon your request, in such hand-written form). Where technically feasible, you may also request that we transmit such Personal Data to a third party controller indicated by you;
• Right to Rectification – you have the right to update or correct any inaccurate Personal Data which We hold about you;
• Right to Restriction – you have the right to request that We stop using your Personal Data in certain circumstances, including if you believe that We are unlawfully processing your Personal Data or the Personal Data that We hold about you is inaccurate;
• Right to withdraw your consent – where Our processing is based on your consent. Withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent prior to the withdrawal of your consent; and,
• Right to be informed of the source – where the Personal Data We hold about you was not provided to Us directly by you, you may also have the right to be informed of the source from which your Personal Data originates.
Please note that your rights in relation to your Personal Data are not absolute and we may not be able to entertain such a request if we are prevented from doing so in term of an applicable law.
Note that We may contact you about Our legal updates, newsletters and events on the basis of Our legitimate interests and to keep you informed of such legal matters. In this respect, you have a right to opt-out and to object to receiving any further such communications from Us.
You may exercise the rights indicated in this section by contacting Us or Our Data Protection Officer at the details indicated above.
9. Keeping your data secure
We shall implement and maintain appropriate and sufficient technical and organisational security measures, taking into account the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, to protect your personal data against any unauthorised accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, damage, alteration, disclosure or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed and shall be solely responsible to implement such measures.
We shall ensure that our staff who process your data are aware of such technical and organisational security measures and we shall ensure that such staff are bound by a duty to keep your personal data confidential.
The technical and organisational security measures in this clause shall mean the particular security measures intended to protect your personal data in accordance with any privacy and data protection laws.
If you have any complaints regarding Our processing of your Personal Data, please note that you may contact Us or Our Data Protection Officer on any of the details indicated above. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information and data Protection Commissioner in Malta (www.idpc.gov.mt).
11. Where You Provide Us with Personal Data Related to Third Party Data Subjects
If you are a trader, a company, or other corporate entity, and you supply to Us Personal Data of third party Data Subjects such as your employees, affiliates, service providers, customers or any other individuals connected to your business, you shall be solely responsible to ensure that:
• you immediately bring this Privacy Notice to the attention of such Data Subjects and direct them to it;
• the collection, transfer, provision and any Processing of such Personal Data by You fully complies any applicable laws;
• as Data Controller You remain fully liable towards such Data Subjects and shall adhere to the Applicable Law;
• you collect any information notices, approval, consents or other requirements that may be required from such Data Subject before providing Us with their Personal Data;
• you remain responsible for making sure the information you give us is accurate and up to date, and you must tell us if anything changes as soon as possible.
You hereby fully indemnify Us and shall render Us completely harmless against all costs, damages or liability of whatsoever nature resulting from any claims or litigation (instituted or threatened) against Us as a result of your provision of said Personal Data to Us.